Wednesday, June 12, 2013

All the Things

Ya'll, I am up to my eyes in fall planning, house building, last-minute curriculum panicking, and all my own, personal worries, doubts, and concerns. I am thinking about all the things. All the things seem important and good, and worthwhile. All the things need my attention. The books I'm not reading, the insightful blog posts I'm not composing. The people who need prayer, and those who are gone and I miss so much. They all keep me up at night. All the things are threatening to add up to one thing too many.

Today, I am going to take care of my sick little girl. I will read scripture. I will pray. I will plan until I feel like taking a break, and I might not pick it back up again until tomorrow. I am going to take a nap and enjoy my coffee and stare out the window. 

Because God hold all things in His hands, knows all things that were and are and will be, and He can handle all the things way better than I can. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Angela. You spoke from the heart and it resonated with me on a soul level. "All The Things" must be in the air because I am wobbling about to break into pieces. God holds all things in his hands. I will hold onto that scripture and just try and breathe. I will pray for you and for Baby Girl. Sorry that she is not well. Is there anything that I can do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I will send you prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with all that and I hope first and foremost the little one gets better quick and then you will be able to share with us what you learned in it all...

    ReplyDelete