Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentines :: Arts and Crafts!

This week the girls got a little artsy...


...and a little (handi)crafty.


Want to make your own?











For the stuffed heart hanger
Cut two pieces of wool felt and decorate one with pink buttons and embroidery thread.  Use a running stitch to attach them together, being sure to sandwich a looped ribbon at the top.  Stuff with a bit of batting and sew closed.  Hang on your favorite little sister's bedpost.


















For the printed paper valentines
Inspiration here!  Cut hearts out of styrofoam. (We have these sheets since we do lots of printing projects, but you could also use disposable plates.)  Use a dull pencil or wooden stylus to decorate them with designs.  Roll printing ink onto the hearts, then stamp onto red squares of construction paper.  Address to your best friends and pop in the mail!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks, Celeste! We're going to have great fun with handicrafts tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great time! And Happy St. Valentine's Day. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, we were planning some "print-making" cards this week too! Looking forward to it. :-) Yours turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristyn! We love printmaking also--such a great project for when you want to make batches of artwork. :)

      Delete
  3. What pretty crafts! I love the woodcut effect....we may just have to give those a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do--they are so simple but end up so pretty. :)

      Delete
  4. I should definitely try print making around here, I bet it would be a big hit! Your kids' work turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! Good seeing you around again! I have missed your e-voice. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Celeste! I think I've been feeling a little inadequate? intimidated? by all the keeping talk. Not that it isn't happening around here... but not to the extent that perhaps it should. But I do have a couple of fun pictures to share along those lines... Maybe this month I'll actually participate in the link-up. :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh Amber, I hate to think the Keeping link-up has made you intimidated--especially since you're one of those people I feel "has it all together"! The goal is really for us to work on building those habits and supporting each other in all the baby steps along the way, not just for those that already have those habits in place to share (though I do hope there's that too, to encourage us that are "younger" in the journey). So I'd love to see whatever in-progress things you have going on, really!

      Delete
    4. I feel like if I really had it altogether, I'd be blogging! :-) Thank you for your encouragement, Celeste, I really appreciate it.

      Delete