Monday, September 16, 2019

{This and That}

Hi friends! A little update on what we have been up to...

First, we have been busy at lessons! We are in Week 6 (halfway through our first term) and are in a nice groove. I went through all my school planning lists this week to see if there was anything we were still "missing" in the schedule, and we're hitting it all except for a few things that I'm hoping to add before Term 1 is through. We'll get there! :)  In the meantime, we have so enjoyed our studies so far...



special study on insects this term

memory sketches of van eyck

child #6 has started with rightstart!

~~~

We had the first of our September birthdays: Bridget is 8!





~~~

Our resident wild man has been busy getting into everything, being adorably funny, and talking to anyone who will listen. He demands that the one kid or another sings with him pretty much all day unless they can con him into another activity. Case in point: he was carried around in this howdah by his minions (aka older siblings) for half an hour the other day. Not a bad life!


In the meantime, my two oldest boys are now serving Low Mass together -- makes my mom heart so happy.


~~~

I had an ultrasound and baby is still looking like a GIRL, bring our family "score" to 5 and 5! I had a first trimester blood test that offered gender results, but somehow the prediction didn't seem reliable until I saw it with my own eyes on the screen! :)


~~~


I am hosting @charlottemasonirl this week, sharing from one of my favorite Parents' Review articles, "On the Teaching of Poetry" by Mary Woods. Care to join in the discussion? I'm hoping to hear how others fit poetry into their days.

~~~

Tonight is our first meeting of the year-long Mother's Education Course at the CMEC. Amy and I will be chatting about the habits of the homeschool, including timetables and logbooks. I am so looking forward to our discussion and am preparing our coursework for the October and November meetings this week too. This is just the kind of work I love to do!


~~~

Speaking of my favorite kinds of work: last weekend was CM West :: Retreat at Puget Sound, so I'll be sharing a little recap of that event later this week. It was a wonderful time away.

Hope your week is off to a great start! We had to kick it off with seven dental cleanings and a bunch of errands, so I'm already playing catch-up. Thank goodness it's only Monday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baby girl!! I'm so glad you blog too, because I have taken a break from IG and miss all the CMiRL people. I just started blogging a little more myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my blog should link up now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did! Thanks for sharing it, Alana! I am in a season of not being on IG either, though not an official "break." There is something about blogs that are less immediate and yet more intimate and permanent, which I really like about them. :)

      Delete