Sunday, August 26, 2012

When Children Love to Learn: Wrap up

I am so glad we decided to spend some time reading through this book right at the beginning of the school year. I think the parts which were of most use to me were the sections discussing Miss Mason's philosophy and view of the student. I was already familiar with the different academic subjects and the idea of short lessons and whole books. What wasn't as clear to me, going into this, was WHY those things are important, and that they are important BECAUSE they serve the overarching philosophy: the child is a whole person, created in the image of God, deserving of an education full of beauty and truth.
I think with this under my belt, I'm ready to dive into the school year a little more deeply, and that I can relax into it, knowing our foundation is secure.
Next up, a few updates about nature study right here at home, and maybe some Volume 1 reading?
Celeste, what are your thoughts on our book study and what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment