Sunday, December 23, 2012

O Emmanuel



The tree is up and ready to be decorated Christmas Eve night, the gifts are wrapped (and hidden away!), our little manger is full of soft hay from many good deeds well done...and a fruitful Advent is nearly at its end.  We schooled through the end of this last week, so we are very much looking forward to some time resting and enjoying family during these holy days.  I hope to be here soon to share some favorite Christmas picture books and some of the Christmas crafting that has kept us busy here these last few weeks--after the recipients have opened their surprises. ;)  Until then, I leave with one of my very favorite prayers of the year, the St. Andrew Christmas novena.  May your Christmas be blessed!
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment