Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goodreads

Have you found Goodreads yet? I absolutely love it. It's a wonderful way to catalogue what I've read, what I want to read, and to challenge myself to read more. Each year I've take the "reading challenge," a way to see if I can add more wonderful books to my life, and this year...I may have placed the bar too high:) I'm going to try to read 100 books! That seems like a lot to me, but I'm also including any chapter read-alouds I do with the kids, so that will help too.

At the moment, I'm reading two really great books.

The first is Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln. It's HUGE, over 700 pages, but don't be scared. It is readable, engaging, and full of fascinating details. It's the book the movie "Lincoln" is based on, and since I probably won't see the movie until it's on DVD, I have time to tackle the real deal!


I'm also reading Wolf Hall. It's about Thomas Cromwell and his rise to power, and it is great. Really skilled writing, and fabulous historical fiction. And it's a series, and I love a series:) Highly recommended.



Come join me on Goodreads, and let's share recommendations and reviews. My widget is over there on the sidebar!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment