Thursday, March 27, 2014

Nature Study Outing :: Blooms at the Coast


As I mentioned on Tuesday, we enjoyed a quiet day at the coast last week.  I already talked a bit about the sea lions and the otters, but another highlight of our nature exploration that morning was strolling through several small public gardens, which are lovely year-round but especially so in spring and summer.

three of the prettiest flowers in the garden :)
I got out my phone to take photos so that I could try to identify some of the blooms--I am woefully clueless when it comes to cultivated plants. 

I haven't had a chance to get out the guides and browse for matches yet, so I thought it would be fun to give you garden-lovers a try!  I'm pasting some of our favorite-but-unknown flowers below.  If you can identify any of them, please do leave a comment. :)  And if you can't, rejoice with me in the diverse beauty that is God's creation in springtime!







No comments:

Post a Comment