Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wonderful Links

Happy Easter!

I'm planning to come back soon with a Kinder update and some ideas for planning our next school year, but here are some things I've been loving lately.

Bobby Jo over at Where the Blacktop Ends has some wonderful ideas for nature study with very little guys, and her photography is beautiful and inspiring. Pop over and take a look!

Do you read Small Notebook? It's right up my alley: all about organizing, keeping things simple, and maintaining tidy spaces. I am especially inspired by her "comfortably dressy style" When one is home with children, it helps to remember to be a woman and put on something attractive:).

I am reading Mary Reed Newland's We and Our Children,  and can I just tell you how wonderfully enlightening and beautiful it is? It's one of my two new favorite books....

And here's the other! I had heard Hints on Child Training mentioned a million times in various places, and when I finally sat down to read it, I realized why. Practical, loving, and very Charlotte Mason. Those are my criteria, and it fits the bill!

And finally, this piece from Ann Voscamp. I'm not a devoted follower of hers, and honestly I usually don't get the hype surrounding her writing, but this. This popped up in my Google Reader, and I. Just. Cried. Apparently I wasn't the only one because this post brought down the site, there was so much traffic. Do read it, and bring tissues. It is brilliant and sad and so moving.

A blessed Easter to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment