Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Nature Study Outing :: A Special Hike

Usually I highlight the nature study outings I take with my children in this space, but today I thought I would share something different...


My husband and I had the chance to get away for 24 hours to celebrate our 15th anniversary! We took advantage and headed to Carmel, with a long afternoon at Point Lobos. This stretch of coastline is often foggy but still gorgeous. And it was so fun to get some nature study in sans kids!

First, the vistas...





Next, the wildflowers! They clung from every crevice in the bluff and lined the trails. I can't imagine what this looks like in spring if it was so beautiful in August.

indian paintbrush

california buckwheat

seaside heliotrope
The rock formations kept calling to mind my geology reading with the children.







We spent the rest of the time walking around Carmel -- the fog burned off, and really, that town could not be more lovely.








Hoping we won't have to wait another fifteen years to go on an adventure together!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun trip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rock formations are stunning! How fun to explore together for your anniversary - congratulations on 15 years!

    ReplyDelete